Fingerprints & Background Check
Submit a fingerprint card, completed waivers, and fee for a background check
All applicants must submit a criminal background check prior to issuance of a license. The cost for a criminal background check is $48.
- You can be fingerprinted wherever you are located. It is not necessary that it be a law enforcement agency. It can be any place that is authorized to do fingerprints.
- You will want to call ahead to wherever you are considering being printed to see if they have a card for you. You will need FD Form 258.
- If they do provide a card for you, please print out the “Waiver Agreement and Fingerprint Instructions” found on our website. You must take this in when you are printed, as it must be completed at the time that the prints are taken.
- If they do not have the card you need, you can request one from KSBN’s forms page.
- OR You may come in to the KSBN office to have a live scan of your prints done for an additional $7.50.
- Fingerprints are done Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 3:30pm, no appointment necessary.
- Make sure to bring your driver’s license or some form of Photo ID
- Payment: check, exact cash, or debit/credit card.
***YOU DO NOT NEED TO REQUEST A FINGERPRINT PACKET TO BE SENT TO YOU IF YOU ARE COMING INTO THE OFFICE TO BE PRINTED. ***
Once fingerprint card and waivers are completed attach a check or money order for $48.00, made payable to Kansas Board of Nursing and mail to KSBN.
Landon State Office Building
900 SW Jackson Street
Topeka, Kansas 66612-1230